Wyoming State President NS USD 1812
2019 - 2021
Welcome to our website!
The Wyoming State Society U.S.D. 1812 was chartered in 2017 and two years later we have one hundred members and two chapters; Bison Chapter, located in Casper and Alexander Slidell MacKenzie, located in Sheridan. The members of our society engage in the following activities:
· Celebrating Francis Scott Key and the writing of the Star-Spangled Banner on September 14th.
· Supporting our veterans by volunteering at Veterans Hospitals in Cheyenne and Sheridan.
· Awarding medals and certificates to deserving ROTC and JROTC Cadets across the state.
· Mailing postcards to veterans in VA Community Living Centers in the state.
· Hosting a Remembrance Ceremony for the 100th Anniversary of the World War I and the Armistice.
· Supporting new citizens and attending Naturalization Ceremonies.
· Enjoying fun and informative programs such as the fashions of First Lady Dolley Madison and the Church St Michael and All Angels in Dartmoor, England and its magnificent stained-glass windows.
For our state project, we have been working with the Missing In America Project, ensuring that eligible veterans in Sheridan County are afforded proper burial in the Oregon Trail State Veterans Cemetery in Evansville.
In the coming year we will be working with the Missing In America Project and continue our work in Natrona County. We will celebrate Women’s History Month with special programs and seek to honor Real Daughters laid to rest in Wyoming. The task of digitizing all new applications continues and our list of proven ancestors continues to grow. They are listed on this website and we hope that you might find a connection here and decide to honor you ancestor with membership in our society.
Thank you so much for visiting us and please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments.